Team Development using Run Rev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Mar 1 15:08:23 EST 2008

Dave-

Saturday, March 1, 2008, 3:43:43 AM, you wrote:

> I found the best way to handle this was to export all the script as
> text files and them to a compare/merge of the source code and import
> the text files back into a "master" stack that is used to build the
> standalone application. For example:

That works fine as long as you're only dealing with script changes,
but not for UI changes. What happens if one of the developers needs to
add a field or a button to a stack? What happens if it makes more
sense to move a handler from a card script to a new button script or
vice versa? What if one makes a new custom property? Or worse, makes a
setprop handler for it? None of these are insurmountable, but they
take human mediation to resolve.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net