Who is the customer? (RE: rev apps on iPhone?)

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Jun 29 11:31:36 EDT 2008

On 29 Jun 2008, at 17:12, Lynn Fredricks wrote:

>> So, 'core function' is not to be like these programs but to
>> perform certain tasks in My Program that function similar to
>> the tasks found in these programs. I use RR as a Multi-media
>> tool, an Application development tool, an Rapid Application
>> Development tool and for my real job I use RR as a Prototyping tool.

> One of the most important things is to really, really do a good job in
> identifying who your customer really is. In profiling your customer,
> you
> understand things like:
>
> 1) How many potential customers there really are for your product
> 2) Who your competitors really are
> 3) Who to derive maximum value from your pricing

Regarding "Core Functions" that's a somewhat difficult thing, as every
user has his/her own. I used to be all about animation and screen
refresh speeds, but suddenly I'm tasked to make a database app which
probably needs a table with multi line cells...

As for your market focusing, I'd like to add another dimension, namely
what markets are nearby, are underdeveloped, and can easily be
expanded into? because that's a question many non-startups face, and
RunRev is probably in a position where it needs to think about this
(Judging from the flash-like plugin and php-like cgi enhancement
announced recently).

cheers
Bjoernke

--