What Goes in a Theme Pack?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 26 16:46:40 EDT 2008

Chipp Walters wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> wrote:
>> If they don't include vector sources (preferably in Fireworks format, but I
>> realize I'm in the minority on that one) they'll be of limited value.
>
> Perhaps...But, ButtonGadget creates all sorts of buttons in all sizes
> without Vector Graphics. It uses a technique we call "SmartStretch" which
> enables one to resize a bitmap distortion free, thus enabling Rev users to
> easily create buttons of various sizes from existing buttons.
> www.buttongadget.com

Yes, devolution's Gradient tool uses the same technique.

If Lynn's interested in delivering his graphics pack in Rev's native
format of course that would be ideal.  He could make use of v2.9's new
graphics options for a wide range of effects with minimal file size and
zero distortion.

But if he wants to leverage the investment by delivering generic
graphics which could be used in any app-building tool, we won't be so
lucky. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal