Problem with send command???

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 15:20:44 EDT 2008

Oh crap.  Correction.
I did this from memory and paid the price.
I left out one operation, and it is good that Richard questioned my answer

On 6/26/08 12:01 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Jim Ault wrote:
>> You can use the compress function in Rev

combine myArray using cr and tab
>>  put compress(myArray) into myArray
>>  send "TestIt myArray,1" to myHandlerLocation
>>
>>  on myHandlerLocation comprArr, intgr
>>    put decompress(comprArr) into normalArr
split normalArr using cr and tab
>>  end myHandlerLocation
>
> Nice.  I didn't know you could use compress with arrays.  Handy.

...which means.... the compress function is not necessary.  I did this when
sending arrays via UDP and wanted the smallest packet size.  Thus did
COMBINE + COMPRESS

This handler works without compress

get myArray
combine it using cr and tab
send "TestIt myArray,1" to myHandlerLocation

on myHandlerLocation arrayAsString, intgr
split arrayAsString using cr and tab
 end myHandlerLocation

Jim Ault
Las Vegas