copying icons from other apple programs

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:29:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> I haven't been a paying member of ADC in many years so I don't know the
> fine print, but as someone who's had an Apple exec brag to him that the
> company has more lawyers than engineers, I have to wonder:

I'm not either, but you can still search their site :-)

These few words from Apple might help:

In Mac OS X v10.5 and later, many standard images of both types are
available for you to use. Using system-provided images confers significant
advantages, such as:

   -

   Shorter development time and less effort spent on creating custom
   versions of standard art.
   -

   Automatic updating of images if appearance changes are part of future
   operating system updates.
   -

   Established user familiarity with the meaning of standard images.

For Williams benefit, the magnifying glass icon is one of the standard
images.

If you'd like to read more, and check out more of the available images you
can find it here:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIcons/chapter_15_section_10.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000967-SW15

Now all I need is someone to tell me how I use the 'Constant name' so I get
the appropriate icon displayed in my Rev app???

Thanks