Clearing Dead Groups

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 23 21:57:41 EDT 2008

Mikey wrote:
> Weird.  Well, that eventually worked.  I couldn't actually delete or clear
> the groups or the objects, whether from the card editor or the application
> browser.  I actually had to place the groups, then ungroup them, then delete
> the objects manually in order to clear them out.

I can usually delete most anything using the App Browser, but the window
doesn't always update right. Sometimes I have to close it and re-open
it, or view a different stack in it, to force it to refresh. I don't
know if that's was the problem in this case though.

But if you know the group is there, you can always just remove it using
the message box:

   delete bg "nonplacedBg"

The group doesn't have to be placed or visible for that to work. You
won't get any warnings though, it will just disappear and isn't
undo-able. Also, when no group is placed on a card, you have to refer to
it as a "background" or the engine won't find it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com