Sample Project - Video Capture

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Jun 23 18:05:49 EDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am playing with the Video Capture stack that comes with
> Revolutions Sample
> projects on OS X 10.5.1 and QT 7.4
>
> I cannot get the video to record at a greater size than 281x239
> even though
> I have resized the image "video" to 640x480 which the way the stack
> sets the
> video record size to. I have also given specific rect numbers with
> the same
> result.
>
> I was wondering if anybody has had similar problems with using Rev
> on OS X
> and recording size.

Hi Glen,

I don't know if I can answer your specific question, but a few weeks
back I needed to create a video capture app, and I went through all
of the videoGrabber commands and combed through the sample stack.
What I found was that the sample stack was unreliable for me, so I
worked out a process that seemed reliable and made my own sample
stack. Then I wrote it all up and you can read about it at <http://
revolution.byu.edu/video/videoGrabber.php>. There are also directions
there for downloading my sample stack.

Hopefully these materials will help you to find a clue to sorting out
your troubles.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay