Checking Internet connection on Vista

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 12:07:19 EDT 2008

Maybe the most reliable time-critical way to check would be to open your own
socket on port 80 to something like www.google.com.  By setting the
SocketTimeoutInterval to a low value you would find out quickly if the
timeout occured without a response.  I'm thinking that you would not even
send a GET request, just see if the socket could be opened.

bernard