Icon in Standalone

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:07:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:10 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Randy Hengst wrote:
>>
>> Jacque, I don't know how to use the terminal, but I had tried both of your
>> other suggestions.

I prefer to use Terminal, as it doesn't require the file path
manipulations that AppleScript does and it's faster too. Here is my
routine for "touching" an app:

on touchApp
    answer file "Choose a standalone application:"
    if it = "" then exit touchApp
    put it into tAppName
    if char -4 to -1 of tAppName <> ".app" then
        beep
        answer error "Not an application file."
        exit touchApp
    end if

    put "touch " & quote & tAppName & quote into tCmd
    get shell(tCmd)
    if the result is not empty then answer error the result
end touchApp

I also have a standaloneSaved routine that checks for any newly built
Mac app and touches it automatically. If anyone wants to see that, I
am happy to post it.

Cheers,
Sarah