App restart after update

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jun 18 00:56:13 EDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 12:44 AM, Bill Vlahos wrote:

> Most of the time I only update the stacks. What is the command to
> unload the stacks? After I unload the stacks how do I reinitialize
> the standalone stack?

I'm assuming you used the splash stack technique and you don't have to
update any stacks that were used to build the standalone. If the
stacks are not stack files then this won't work. If they are then
proceed.

You can unload your application stacks using:

delete stack NAME_OF_MAINSTACK

This will remove the stack from memory. After removing the application
stacks from memory just call whatever handler in the stack used to
create the executable initializes and launches your application.
Perhaps startup or preopenStack. That could should already take care
of loading your application stacks into memory and launching the
application.

There is also the 'revert' command which will reload the stack from
disk. I haven't used this technique myself though.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems