[TIP] Sorting by ValueList and synchronized sorting

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 17 22:51:55 EDT 2008

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> In other languages that's called iff.

Whoa, I didn't know there was a name for it. Makes sense, since Tony
came to HyperCard from other languages. So he was probably translating.

> Paul's/Tony's implementation is
> very clever, but I believe it benchmarks a bit faster (and is easier to
> read) when written as an if-else without the itemoffset and concatenation:

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.

For some reason that reminds me of my New York friend, who wouldn't
signal her lane changes. When we asked her why, she said, "What, and
give away my strategy?"

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com