ask file with filter/type - how to read the selected type ?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jun 10 20:05:45 EDT 2008

You have to use the "ask file with type" form to know the file type
selected within the dialogue, for example:

on mouseUp
ask file "" with type "PNG file|png|PNGf" or type "Plain file|txt|TEXT"
put it && the result
end mouseUp

message box:
/Users/bvg/Desktop/file.txt Plain file

Most likely "ask file with filter" will be marked as obsolete or
discontinued in a not too distant future...

Have Fun
Björnke