PNG with No Alpha Channel?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jun 10 18:33:29 EDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 5:16 AM, Luis wrote:

> 'pngcrush' (commandline option) can do this as well as
> 'imagemagic' (also commandline).
>
> imagemagick: convert pic.png -background white -flatten +matte
> pic_new.png
>
> Unless what you want to do is get it into indexed (palette) mode and
> remove the alpha channel from there.
>
> png2pdf might be an option, it can take care of the alpha channel
> and give you a pdf, which you can embed into a pdf
> (http://png2pdf.sourceforge.net)

Thanks for the links Luis. I'm aware of the other tools out there that
can do this but I'm hoping to not have to include another image
library on Mac and Windows just to strip alpha channels from PNG files
which is why I was hoping someone knew how to do it with Revolution.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems