where does "put URL.." stores temp data

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jun 10 07:14:43 EDT 2008

Bonjour Matthias,

Urls downloaded are in RAM and you can access them using the
cachedUrls function.
Now, instead of using "put url" with a 30 MB file (put is blocking)
you probably might want to use "load url".

"How to Download Data from the Internet" tutorial might help you:
This stack explains how to test the user connection, an url validity,
why and how to use get url or load url, retrieve data from framed
pages, give an account of download progress, manage errors, display
retrieved data (web pages, stacks, compressed or not), etc.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Le 10 juin 08 à 12:52, runrev260805 at m-r-d.de a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> i´ve created a little app for a customer. This app runs under
> windows xp and downloads a specific file, which is about 30 MB in
> size, from a ftp server and stores it in a folder, which the user
> can define.
>
> It works here without problems. But my customer, who has restricted
> user access on his machine, reports that after downloading the file
> successfully, he cannot find it in the defined folder. The log
> field (using libURLSetLogField) shows that the download was
> successfull. The customer has full access to the folder, he defined
> as target download folder. He also has full access to the folder,
> where my app is installed. So that could not be the problem.
>
> Where do Revapps store big files temporally, when downloaded by
> "put url"?
>
> Or are they stored completely in memory?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Best regards from Paris,