PNG with No Alpha Channel?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 05:16:50 EDT 2008

Hiya,

'pngcrush' (commandline option) can do this as well as
'imagemagic' (also commandline).

imagemagick: convert pic.png -background white -flatten +matte
pic_new.png

Unless what you want to do is get it into indexed (palette) mode and
remove the alpha channel from there.

png2pdf might be an option, it can take care of the alpha channel and
give you a pdf, which you can embed into a pdf
(http://png2pdf.sourceforge.net)

Cheers,

Luis.