what is the timescale of a player?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jun 9 04:54:29 EDT 2008

Hello,

The documentation of 2.9 says to the timescale property of a player:
"intervals per second of a movie or sound". My first thought was, it would
be the fps (frames per second), but if I get the timescale of my videos, I
get "600". Can anybody give me a hint, what this number represents and if it
depends on the movie or if it is always 600?

Am I right, if I want to step frame by frame through a video clip I have to
divide the duration/current time by 600 and multiply it by 25fps? To get the
current frame? Or can I set the timescale somehow to fps?

Could it be that something has changed from 2.8 to 2.9 with this? I can't
remember exactly, but I did some tests with 2.8 some month ago and could
step easily frame by frame though a video, without calculating with this
"600"!?

Thanks for any hints

Tiemo