Close this stack vs. clicking the close button

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Mon Jun 9 00:25:15 EDT 2008

If I click the close box of a window I am able to handle everything
fine.

I have a "Close" menu item which I've tried "close this stack", "send
closeStack to this stack in 1 millisecond", and "send closeStack to
the long name of this stack".

The closeStack handler gets the message because it prompts the user to
save the changes. However, after that it doesn't behave the same.

What is different between clicking the close box and issuing the
command?

Bill Vlahos