why does put revOpenDatabases() not work?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 7 03:40:52 EDT 2008

On 6/6/08 11:51 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still confused about the Valentina Init command. It doesn't seem to
> make any difference to the RunRev method whether or not I do that although
> it is essential for the API way.

For REVDB API this function play

  connect( host, dbname, user, passw, cachesize,
           macSN, winSN, linuxSN, port )

Idea is next:

* developer choose one MAJOR way for his job

    a) REVDB way
    b) Valentina way.

For most projects it is enough to use only one of this ways.

But sometimes developer may want access functionality of second way.
Actually mainly RevDB way may need something specific from Valentina way,
e.g. Encryption.

We have BRIDGES from any way to any way. This means that having dbRef from
one way you can get its analog for second way then use it there.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology