VISTA Printing Woes

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 5 23:30:31 EDT 2008

Chipp wrote:

 > Wouldn't the world be simpler if we all just stayed in XP?

Apparently the editorial staff at InfoWorld thinks so.  They're running
a Save XP petition:

<http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/archives/2008/01/save_windows_xp.html>

So far they have more than 200,000 signatures, and counting.

I signed it.  If nothing else, it adds to the public embarassment that
is the whole Vista debacle.

But even that doesn't compare to the scathing emails from a major
corporation which were leaked to the public, with angry comments about
missing device drivers in Vista, incompatible formats, poor performance,
and more.

And those emails were from high-ranking Microsoft execs:

They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know.
<http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/business/09digi.html>

I know 2008 isn't even half over, but in my book that one wins Best
Computer Industry Article award for the year.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal