Rev Save Crash fixed with OSX 10.5.3 system update

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 02:22:38 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at comcast.net>
wrote:

> I spent all day working on a project and did not freeze or crash once. I
> even forgot to save after a few critical changes and when I realized it I
> just saved and breathed a sigh of relief...
>
> Sweet. Complete opposite of my experience yesterday - see below.

> Getting to use 2.9.1 is just great.
>
> Typo or did I miss something. I'm on Rev 2.9.0 build 610?

Have completed the upgrade to 10.5.3. Obviously not much chance to exercise
it, but my post upgrade TimeMachine backup completed without a hitch - my
very first couple of TM backups failed and I've had a couple fail since - so
I might think about uncrossing my fingers ;-) Of course one could say my
whole Mac has been a Timemachine of late, taking me directly back to the dim
dark days of the Extension Conflicts of OS9 ;-(

A little busy at the moment so I don't think I'll get a chance to play with
Rev until next week, but when I do I have a little scenario I want to run
through and see how it handles. Yesterday I gave up in frustration trying to
do the little job I wanted to do in Rev and ended up trying to create a
repeatable recipe - almost had it, then things got worse ;-((( I think I
Force Quit Rev over 20 times and must have Hard Reset the Mac two or three
times!