Why doesn't "stop player" results in "playStopped"?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jun 4 06:16:11 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I think I am still missing some basics of the Rev player object. Rev 2.9 I
would like to use my own buttons as controls.

When sending "start player", the video starts and I get a message
"playStarted", OK.

When the Video is finished I get the message "playStopped", OK.

When sending "stop player", the video stopps, but I don't get a message
"playStopped" - Why?

When using the standard player control "pause" I get a message "playPaused",
ok.

When using "set the paused of player foo to true", the Video pauses ok, but
I don't get a message "playPaused" - Why?

I could define my own status messages, but couldn't I use the standard
control commands for my own? Is there really only a start and stop player
command?

Additional question. In other IDEs or languages I have to open a video
before playing and close the video after finishing, otherwise the multimedia
channel would keep open and Iwould get an "overflow" after a certain amount
of videos. Obviously Rev handles all this open and close for me. Am I right
that Rev closes the video channel after I stop the player and I don't have
to care about closing? But is this also true, when using "stop player",
without getting the "playStopped" message (see above)? Or can I close the
video for myself anyway?

Thanks for any tipps and coaching

Tiemo