launch URL to get an e-mail with BCC, Subject and Body (was revMail and BCC)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jun 4 05:30:16 EDT 2008

Bonjour Andre,

> Thank you Josh for this suggestion. I am using Mail included in
> Leopard on Mac. Seems that it has not this limitation.
> I just tried to add my address in "To".
> Unfortunately, I get the same result as for the "subject" and "body"
> fields : only texts without any special characters (including cr)
> are allowed (without URLencode ; with URLEncode, I get the texts but
> in their encoded form).

This is how Rev (revMail) deals with this problem:
on revMail pTo, pCC, pSubject, pBody
   put uniDecode(uniEncode(pSubject), "UTF8") into pSubject
   put uniDecode(uniEncode(pBody), "UTF8") into pBody
   put urlEncode(pSubject) into pSubject
   put urlEncode(pBody) into pBody
   replace "+" with "%20" in pSubject
   replace "+" with "%20" in pBody

Maybe this will inspire you a bit ;-)

Note: this fails completely on Windows, see Bug nr. 6432.

> Thanks again for your attention and answers
>
> Best regards from Grenoble
> André

Regards

Klaus Major