Creating variables

Éric Miclo eric.miclo at ac-strasbourg.fr
Sun Jul 6 16:38:50 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've 2 lists of names and want to create variables by combining the
names of the 2 lists.

Example:

listOne is:

listTwo is:

1
2

and I want to create those variables:

A1
A2
B1
B2
C1
C2

I did try this:

repeat for each line lineListOne in listOne
   repeat for each line lineListTwo in listTwo
     put "test" into (lineListOne & lineListTwo)
   end repeat
end repeat

and this (though I was sure it didn't work):

repeat for each line lineListOne in listOne
   repeat for each line lineListTwo in listTwo
     put (lineListOne & lineListTwo) into varName
     put "test" into varName
   end repeat
end repeat

and some other variants (using the value of...) but nothing is working.

Is that possible or do I have to "manually" initialize the variables
that way:

put "test" into A1
put "test" into A2

Thanks, best,

ÉrIC

-- My NeXT computer will Be a Mac too! --