Standalone on CD Path Issues

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 11:38:09 EDT 2008

Hello all,

Is there any good tutorials on dealing with path issues for a
standalone on mac and windows from a CD or DVD?

I have worked through this once in the past but for the life of me I
can't remember what needs done. I know there was an issue with a CD
and windows and something about not putting things at the root level????

If there are not any tutorials then I will track it down on my own
like last time but I was hoping there was a recipe: It should include
Mac, Windows, Linux and external libraries and external image folders
and or sound folders. It should include folder placement, external
placement, and maybe icon and installer issues.

Anyway, the DVD I burned works on Mac but on WIndows it will not find
the external images and sounds for the stack and it will not load the
external libraries from the Standalone process. RR puts them in a
folder called Externals but they are not loaded.

This seems such a common if not often issue that a set of scripts and
folder placement should be rather standard.

Thanks in advance

Tom McGrath