Delete a stack from memory - fails?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jul 29 14:03:01 EDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:44 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>> Polling is entirely possible. delete stack is very reliable. Like I
>> said, I've never had it fail. When it *appears* to fail it is
>> usually because something is going on in the background that brings
>> the stack right back into memory.
>
> If the stack has any pending messages running it also won't close.

Hi Jacque,

Are you sure? I just tried the following test in the message box and
the stack was deleted properly:

send "test" to stack "Untitled 1" in 5 seconds
delete stack "Untitled 1"
put there is a stack "Untitled 1"

The engine reports "false" when checking for stack "Untitled 1".

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems