quick question about splash stacks

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:17:26 EDT 2008

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Your handling of that sounds good, but I'm curious:  have you pinned
> down what's causing these saves to be interrupted?

I think it must be something to do with the on/off switch.  Maybe when they
switch off using that, if they hold it down long enough, it just causes
power to be cut, and this is in the middle of a save?    They do not do it
often, and probably when they do, they mostly don't hold it down.   The only
thing I can think of.

The moral may be that no matter how much training you do, and no matter how
many notices you put up or stick to your machines, if you're dealing with
people who basically use the app without knowing they are using a computer,
and are seriously computer-phobic to boot,  things like using the on-off
switch and not the mouse to close down, are just going to happen
occasionally.  Have to live with it.

Peter