Delete a stack from memory - fails?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Jul 29 11:05:11 EDT 2008

2008/7/29 Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com>

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 6:46 AM, David Bovill wrote:
>
> Every time the engine checks for the existence of a stack, accesses a
> property or issues the go command using the filename of a stack the stack is
> loaded into memory. In your Galaxy example what is most likely happening is
> that the script editor has a tab open for a control or object in the stack
> you deleted. It then references that stack on disk and loads it back into
> memory.

So as far as you know there is nothing going on to do especially with Script
Editing - just the usual behaviour with regards to revering to properties of
a stack when it is closed loading back in memory? As in the example here I
am not interacting in any way other than issuing a command from the message
box it would mean that there is some polling going on, which only occurs
when a script tab is open in Galaxy.

As for the external, if you can find a repeatable case that shows that
> delete stack doesn't work when an external is loaded that would be great. I
> haven't tested this scenario much myself as I always call any cleanup
> routines in the external (if necessary), stop using the stack as a library
> and then delete. This has proven reliable in all of my tests.

Will do. This was an intermittent issue I have had when experimenting with
externals and stacks. The script failed when trying to close all the stacks
down only in some stacks that reference externals - couldn't get to the
bottom of it :)