Delete a stack from memory - fails?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Jul 29 06:46:48 EDT 2008

Thanks Andre - but destroystack is not the issue. For instance:

delete stack "test"

closes and removes a stack from memory (for a mainstack not substack)
regardless of the destroystack/window status or whether the stack is used as
a library. The issue is that it does not always work - and I could not track
down why. Thought I would post my findings... there are two reasons i know
of when using "delete stack" does not work:

   1. you are using and external (not quiet sure exactly the issues here)
   2. a script is being edited (not sure if this is just Galaxy but suspect
   it is any editor but do not understand why as its just text in a field?)

I need as full proof a way as possible way to close a stack. To do that it
si important to understand in detail why editing a script or using and
external from within a stack might prevent deleting the stack from memory.