off topic : Parallels alternative : VirtualBox

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 07:04:35 EDT 2008

Well, as a PPC user, I use Virtual PC with Windows XP and find that it does the trick very well. I have played about with Q but found it a bit awkward.

A friend of mine who bought an Intel Mac transferred his VPC (which, presumably, is now running via Rosetta ???) and tells me that it works very well, and prefers it to other ways of running Windows.

I am, just at the moment (testing some nonsense), running XP on a Pentium 3, 700 GHZ, 1 GB RAM and have this linked into my Home Intranet via an old 10 Base-T Ethernet card; this is slightly better than Virtual PC (an almost as cheap). Will, however, put the Pentium back to Xubuntu as not a great fan of Windows.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.