Problem with focusIn and a substack

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sat Jul 26 20:05:33 EDT 2008

I have a field that when a user clicks on it a calendar picker stack
appears to let the user click on a date. The field is locked to allow
the mouseUp to work. The script below works fine when the user clicks
on the field. The date is selected from the popup and put into the
field.

It is also possible for the user to tab into the field from the
previous field so I added the focusIn handler. If I uncomment "click
at the loc of me" the calendar stack shows up but when the user
selects the date it doesn't go into the field.

How do I get both to work?

on mouseUp
   put "SmallCalendar" into tStackName
   put me into theDate
   put theDate into theOldDate
   convert theDate from short system date to short English date
   put getDate(theDate, tStackName) into theDate
   if theDate is theOldDate then exit to top
   if theDate is "clear" then
     put empty into me
   else
     convert theDate from short English date to short system date
     put theDate into me
   end if
   closeField
end mouseUp