Rev and joystick or switch

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Fri Jul 25 19:54:46 EDT 2008

Actually... I just wrote a test project... this code just takes
mouseLoc and converts to vertical motion for a graphic....

on mouseDown
put 0 into TopLim
put (the height of this window) into BotLim
put the loc of cd grc 1 into StrtLoc
put the clickLoc into CL
put (item 1 of StrtLoc)-(item 1 of CL) into HOffSet
put (item 2 of StrtLoc)-(item 2 of CL) into VOffSet
repeat while the mouse is down
put the mouseLoc into NL
if ((item 2 of StrtLoc)-((item 2 of CL)-(item 2 of NL))) > TopLim
then
if ((item 2 of StrtLoc)-((item 2 of CL)-(item 2 of NL))) < BotLim
then
set the loc of cd grc 1 to (item 1 of StrtLoc),((item 2 of StrtLoc)-
((item 2 of CL)-(item 2 of NL)))
else
set the loc of cd grc 1 to (item 1 of StrtLoc),BotLim
end if
else
set the loc of cd grc 1 to (item 1 of StrtLoc),TopLim
end if
end repeat
end mouseDown

... and this code uses a vertical slider button that is set to act
like a joy stick...

on mouseEnter
global BotLim,TopLim
put 0 into TopLim
put (the height of this window) into BotLim
set the minimumValue of me to (-1*((BotLim-TopLim)/10))
set the maximumValue of me to ((BotLim-TopLim)/10)
set the autoHilite of me to true
end mouseEnter

on mouseStillDown
global BotLim,TopLim
put ((the currentValue of me)*-1) into CV -- invert slider value
if ((item 2 of the loc of cd grc 1)+CV)³ TopLim
then
if ((item 2 of the loc of cd grc 1)+ CV)²(the height of this window)
then
set the loc of cd grc 1 to (item 1 of the loc of cd grc 1),((item 2
of the loc of cd grc 1)+CV)
else
set the loc of cd grc 1 to (item 1 of the loc of cd grc 1),BotLim --
bottom limit
end if
else
set the loc of cd grc 1 to (item 1 of the loc of cd grc 1),TopLim --
top limit
end if
end mouseStillDown

on mouseUp
set the currentValue of me to 0 -- reset slider to center
end mouseUp