dialogData

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 25 14:12:27 EDT 2008

Mikey wrote:
> I'm trying to understand whether I have a bug report to file or not, which
> is why I'm asking about this.

Sorry, it seems I missed the question in your post.

> I guess the question was - what is the expected behavior if you have a
> modifiable stack that is acting as a dialog.  The reason it's modifiable is
> so that I can have the settings that the user specifies become the new
> defaults.

In your context what is a "modifiable" stack, and how is it acting as a
dialog?  Are you using the modal command?

If you call the modal command to open your stack and obtain the
dialogData in the next line, the dialogData should contain whatever it
was set to by either the script that calls the dialog or the dialog itself.

If you find a different behavior please consider putting together a
simple example of that and including it in a bug report.

> I hate wasting Oliver's time on crap bug reports, so thus the question.

Agreed.  Reproducible recipes make short work of bug fixes.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal