So many ways in XTalks

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Jul 24 14:41:39 EDT 2008

Writing tutorials, I'm probably depraved :-)
Or for other reasons...

What I wanted to point out but it's possible I missed it ;-) is that
a return in a function (or a command but that's more difficult to
understand)  stops the running handler and returns immediately a
result disregarding next statements.
I remember (when I was a bit younger ;-) that discovering this was
great. May be it's obvious for all now?

And don't tell me I'm an old man ;-)
Have a nice day.

Le 24 juil. 08 à 20:23, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> Eric Chatonet wrote:
>> Dear Jacque,
>> You are right (as Ken was in a recent post).
>> But my goal is always readability and elegance:
>> e.g. no break, no 'and' and no 'or': something understandable at
>> first sight without racking one's brains...
>> I always prefer it to concision even if I'm able to write put
>> CleanText(StripCR(toUpper(myList))) into tResult ;-)
>
> I know, and I agree, and I wasn't really too serious. :) For most
> things, readability is better than being too concise, especially
> when we're posting example code to this list.
>
> --

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.