HyperCard Button Icons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 23 21:34:17 EDT 2008

David Brooks wrote:

> The converted stack (HC --> RR)  DOES have the icons. When those buttons
> are copied to a stack created in RR, they appear.  Once that original
> stack is removed from memory, the icons are no longer available. Is
> there an easy way to access these icons?  I did get a png file of the
> stack library which I suppose I can cut up to make individual image
> files? Finding a machine running ResEdit will take longer than carving
> up the png file. In any event, I'd like to learn more about this.

Because the original icons are in RAM when the converted stack is open,
they appear in the second, native RR stack. But when you close the
original, the icons are no longer accessible. You need to copy the icons
to the new native stack.

Converted HC icons are imported to an unplaced group called "HC Icons".
You should be able to see it in the Objects/Place Group menu. In the
original stack, place that group temporarily (you can always unplace it
again later,) select the group and copy it. Then paste the group into
the new stack. Once you've done that, you can unplace the group from the
new stack's card so that it is no longer visible.

Alternately, just type in the message box:

  copy bg "HC Icons" from stack "convertedStack" to stack "newStack"

You may need to check the button IDs as suggested, or they may just work
as-is anyway.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com