Help with revBrowser issue

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 16:32:36 EDT 2008

Dear listers,

I have a simple revBrowser window that does not load under the
following situation:

This part works fine:
		 put the windowid of this stack into tWinID

                 local sBrowserId
                 put revBrowserOpen(tWinID, "http://www.google.com")
into sBrowserId

                 revBrowserSet sBrowserId, "showborder","true"
                 revBrowserSet sBrowserId, "rect",rect of img
"BrowserOne" of grp "WebBrowser"
                 put sBrowserId into gBrowserId

Here is where I am having the problem:

	 if gtheGroup is "Play" then
                     put gMovieToPlay into tSearch
                     put "http://www.google.com/search?q=" into tGoogle
                     put tGoogle & tSearch into theAddressLookup
                     revBrowserNavigate gBrowserId, theAddressLookup
                 else
                     revBrowserNavigate gBrowserId, theWebsiteAddress
                 end if

When I put  "http://www.google.com/search?q=" & "Spiderman" into
theAddressLookup I get "http://www.google.com/search?q=Spiderman"
and it should launch in the browser. If I put -   revBrowserNavigate
gBrowserId, "http://www.google.com/search?q=Spiderman"  - into the
message box it works but if I build it on the fly using variables it
will not launch.

Any ideas on using variables to build an address to then Navigate?????

Thanks for the help.

Tom McGrath