Looking for USB remote control ...

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Jul 21 21:06:24 EDT 2008

I don't know if everyone understands that Jack's post specified a
range of (I interpreted as) a few hundred feet in a wild environment
of steel equipment, and walls, and certainly would not allow line-of-
site transmission.  Bluetooth is out (distance). Wifi might work with
repeaters and the right firm and soft ware.  IR will not work because
of line of site obstacles, distance, and heat noise.  Cell would work
but presents connection issues and latency of public IP system.  This
is why I was looking for a quick and dirty RC (model car or airplane)
solution.  This would satisfy the line of site and range problems.
It would be faster in response than any IP or telephonic system.
Band-width conflicts would be minimized.  Any solutions that would
satisfy the requirements stipulated by this particular use environment?

Randall