Looking for USB remote control ...

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Mon Jul 21 17:37:09 EDT 2008

Hi there,

It seems to me that you guys are making this much too complicated.
Why not just use a wireless USB keyboard with a wireless mouse?

I have a Gyration Ultra which works great!

http://www.gyration.com/c-2-mice-keyboards.aspx

They may even have remotes too.

You can always custom tailor your Revolution on screen controls to
be easy to use in the classroom environment.

Alternatively, you could try:

FrogPad Bluetooth Right-handed - Keyboard - wireless - Bluetooth

It takes up just 1/2 the keyboard space.

Have fun!

Rick

On Jul 20, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2008, at 7:38 PM, Jack Rarick wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I am looking for a programmable USB device that will allow me to
>> designate up to six different buttons that will send mouse clicks
>> to certain places on the screen. We do a lot with multimedia, and
>> we want to give a user the option of using the remote in a large
>> classroom to go to the next video, rewind the video, stop the video
>> etc. There are buttons on the screen to accomplish that ... I just
>> want the user to be able to stand 50 feet away with a remote. Am I
>> dreaming?
>
> Hi Jack,
>
> I use remote controls with some of our apps.  A really cheap
> solution is to use the Keyspan product:  <http://keyspan.com/products/urm15t/
> >

> You can also pair that receiver with a large selection of other
> remote controls.  I have used Radio Shack's: <http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049653&cp=&sr=1&origkw=remote+control&kw=remote+control&parentPage=search
> >
> I have a driver that powers that remote if you would like it.
>

> Mark Talluto
> http://www.canelasoftware.com

Rick Harrison

You can buy my $10 music album "Funny Time Machine" digital CD on the
iTunes Store Now!

To visit the iTunes Store now to listen to samples of my CD please
click on the
following link.  (Please note you must have iTunes installed on your
computer for this link to work.)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=213668290