Looking for USB remote control ...

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sun Jul 20 19:21:22 EDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 7:38 PM, Jack Rarick wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am looking for a programmable USB device that will allow me to
> designate up to six different buttons that will send mouse clicks to
> certain places on the screen. We do a lot with multimedia, and we
> want to give a user the option of using the remote in a large
> classroom to go to the next video, rewind the video, stop the video
> etc. There are buttons on the screen to accomplish that ... I just
> want the user to be able to stand 50 feet away with a remote. Am I
> dreaming?

Hi Jack,

I use remote controls with some of our apps.  A really cheap solution
is to use the Keyspan product:  <http://keyspan.com/products/urm15t/>

You can also pair that receiver with a large selection of other remote
controls.  I have used Radio Shack's: <http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049653&cp=&sr=1&origkw=remote+control&kw=remote+control&parentPage=search

I have a driver that powers that remote if you would like it.

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com