Looking for USB remote control ...

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 06:53:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Randall Reetz <randall at randallreetz.com>
wrote:

> The "why" is a mid range wireless PC control solution (more than IR, less
> than cell) that would work from anywhere in a phys ed gym or large
> conference room or lecture hall... And would be easy to set up... Wouldnt
> require lan addresses and protocol... And easy to capture with standard
> xtalk handlers.

How about Salling Clicker:

http://www.salling.com/

Use a WiFi phone or PDA to control your Mac or PC. The range of operation
will vary depending on your phone/PDA, but the range your talking about
seems doable. See their Forums for reports on devices that don't play well.

As far as gettting it to talk to Rev, my guess is it's doable. Not sure
about the PC options, but for Macs there a bunch of AppleScript examples:

http://www.henry.olders.ca/ClickerWiki/index.php?title=System_Scripts_-_Source_Listings

The examples of how to simulate arrow clicks would suggest that receiving
'arrowKey' messages in Rev would be possible.

HTH