Looking for USB remote control ...

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Fri Jul 18 17:45:50 EDT 2008

Jack, if you purchace a cheap wireless game controller, you can take it appart and solder some micro sswitches to the ic board where the contact switches touch.  There were something like 19 switches on the one i took appart, plus some analog switches and directional ones as well.  You can build some pretty good input device prototypes on the fast and loose. Again, i dont know about the range.  That depends on the com medium used with your controller (wifi, IR, bluetooth, etc.).  I once tried to find a wireless numeric or functionkey keypad... That would be perfect.  Ill bet if you got on a stage craft or movie special effects user group you could get some ideas.  What about the multi-channel RC controllers hobbiests use with their model airplains... i'll bet there are some cheap ones out there used in the low-end toy-crossover market.  Nerd heaven.