Revolution and ColorSync?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed Jul 16 21:10:31 EDT 2008

I set the filename of a player in Revolution to a Quicktime movie.

The top image here:

http://revcoders.org/color-issue/

is how the movie appears in Revolution, the bottom image is how it
appears in Quicktime Player. You can see the top image looked faded
and “washed out”.

It seems that QT Player is applying some kind of ColorSync or other
color management profile adjustment where Revolution is not?

The codec of the movie is ProRes422, Apple’s new codec. No other codec
I tested exhibits this behavior, they look the same in QT Player and
in a player in Revolution.

I just wondered if anyone had run into movies displaying differently
in Revolution and how they dealt with it.

Thanks for any illumination!