Cropped Window Shape [After Siesta Version]

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 10:52:29 EDT 2008

Sorry, chaps; previous offering a bit goofy.

This one runs "instantly" and clears the top of the screen

on preOpenCard
  set the lockScreen to true
  set the height of stack "Sizer" to 1200
  set the lockScreen to false
  set the topleft of stack "sizer" to 40,100
end preOpenCard

The inevitable question has to be; "Why do you want a stack that is taller than the screen?"

If I want a lot of "real estate" I do something like this:

Make a graphic/field/what-have-you that is the desired size (e.g. 400, 1400) then Group it (with itself - this sounds funny but is very effective), then set the Group size to fit within the screenRect and give it a vertical scrollbar.  I have used this quite effectively using a sideways scrolling PNG image (3 times the width of the screen) for EFL learners to 'discover' stuff for grammar exercises.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.