[semi OT] Display problem with pdf files uploaded via Rev cgi

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 11 10:53:37 EDT 2008

Hi again,

If anyone interested, I found the solution.

In the first version of my cgi script, before saving the pdf code as a bin file
on the server, I was running the following loop :

  repeat while first char of myPDF = cr
   delete first char of myPDF
  end repeat

but the wasn't enough; the code to run is :

  repeat while first char of myPDF = cr or the chartonum of first char of myPDF = 13
   delete first char of myPDF
  end repeat

If the pdf code contains some junk before the actual 1st line of pdf
    %PDF-1.3        which indicates the file format and the pdf version
IE6+ treats the file as text, while FF seems to check a little further...

Best,
JB