chars in a field only for the field length

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Jul 10 04:57:43 EDT 2008

Bonjour Tiemo,

Le 10 juil. 08 à 10:53, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> I would like to lock the user input in a single line field for the
> length of
> the field, so that the input doesn't scrools thru the field.
>
> Is there a property of the field to be set (I didn't find any) or
> do I have
> to code that feature - probably done a thousand times?

"How to master user's data entries in a field" tutorial might help you:
This stack shows you how to allow the user to type the data you
expect according to a format in an entry box field.
Five examples are provided from a simple ZIP code to custom
sophisticated formats.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.