Re-2: problems with lowercase and uppercase characters in filenames

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Jul 9 14:44:32 EDT 2008

One thing you might consider is using the numerical value of the
letter for the file name. You could have two little handlers to make
it transparent:

on writeFile pChar, pData
   put pData into url ("file:" & chaToNum(pChar))
end writeFile

function readFile pChar
   return url ("file:" & charToNum(pChar))
end readFile