Rev Icons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 6 17:04:15 EDT 2008

RevList wrote:
> How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com> on July 6, 2008 at
> 10:44 AM -0700 wrote:
>> The ID number is too high for it to be a native Rev icon, so it must be
>> somewhere in the stack. Or if the stack is a substack, it may be in the
>> mainstack. One typical place to store icon images is in an unplaced
>> group, so see if any of the cards have one of those. The Application
>> Browser is an easy way to see that.
> Actually, all of the icons I was looking for are in the revIcons.rev stack
> that is in the tools folder.
> I found them all.

Sorry to have mislead you. The docs say that rev icons are in the range
of 301-1000, but now that I look again, it does say that these very high
numbers are reserved for application use.

> Now, if I am going to build a runtime solution, will these icons be
> included, or will I have to add the images and set the corresponding Icon
> ID in my own stack before building the runtime.

I always copy them in and use the new ID number. But I think the
standalone builder will search for the built-in icons if you allow it to
scan for resources. I never do that though, so maybe someone else can
confirm.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com