Rev Icons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 6 13:51:52 EDT 2008

william humphrey wrote:
> Of course when the enabled of a field is set to false then it doesn't
> respond to any mouseenter, mousedown etc.
>
> So how do you make it magically erase the label inside it and become enabled
> when a mouse clicks in it?

What I usually do is place a text string into the field and set the
textcolor of the field to a medium gray. On openfield, remove the text
and set the textcolor of the field to empty. On closefield and
exitfield, see if the field is empty and if so, set the textcolor back
to gray and re-insert your original string.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com