Rev Icons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 6 13:44:59 EDT 2008

RevList wrote:
> When I was browsing through some stacks made by others, I am discovering
> some ICON ids that are used and as far as I can see, are not images that
> are within the stack itself, but must be standard REV icons.
>
> For example, ID 2800082 is an icon image of a couple of cards stacked on
> top of each other.
>
> When I go to the property of a button that has this image, I see the Icon
> ID but when I click on the magic wand beside it to select from the picker,
> the icon is not visible in any of the selection lists.
>
> How can I discover what all of these hidden icons are and there
> corresponding IDs?

The ID number is too high for it to be a native Rev icon, so it must be
somewhere in the stack. Or if the stack is a substack, it may be in the
mainstack. One typical place to store icon images is in an unplaced
group, so see if any of the cards have one of those. The Application
Browser is an easy way to see that.

Rev's icon picker will display images that appear in the current stack
if you choose "This Stack" from the popup menu. But (if I remember
right) it won't display images in any other stacks, even if they are in
the message hierarchy. You need to make a stack the current one to see
what images it contains.

The icon you are describing sounds a little like an old HyperCard icon.
If so, the stack may have been imported from an original HC stack. All
the icons in imported HC stacks are stored in an unplaced group called
"HC Icons", so you may want to look for that. One easy way to do that is
to pull down the Objects/Place Group menu item to see if that group is
available.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com