Using Rev CGI for Giant POST action

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Jul 5 23:19:47 EDT 2008

We want to set up a protected web page where users can browse their
drive for a movie file(s) and upload via http. Like YouTube does it. I
presume this is just POST with a CGI on the back end that is robust
enough to receive it.

Right now the only CGI language that I know is Revolution.  Easy enough
to test of course, and one answer is "just try it..."  What exactly are
we looking at?  well, a typical upload (recently done by someone who has
FTP access ... ) was  four .avi files, 1 at 83 megs, 1 at 45 megs, 1 at
32 megs and 1 at 15 megs...

And of course it might also be just any big file (like a huge PDF or
Photoshop file)

But I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and aware of
any issues that we should be on the look out for?

Thanks
Sivakatirswami