Problem with field references

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Thu Jul 3 17:08:28 EDT 2008

Mikey,

I have a stack with a field "f1" with some text in it
and a substack of this stack with a field "f2" and a button

the script of the button is

-----------
on mouseUp
    put "field "& quote & "f1" & quote & "of  card 1 of  stack " & quote &
"s1" & quote into tcompleteReferenceVariable
    if there is  tcompleteReferenceVariable then put "true" & return into
field "f2"
    put the value of tcompleteReferenceVariable after field "f2"
end mouseUp
this works for me

I thought it was something like that you were trying to do

however, whatever works....

regards

bernd